Thursday, February 19, 2009

Rough Week


It's been a crazy week. Started this weekend when Lewis' niece Kaitlyn ended up in the ER. She was diagnosed with a viral infection and sent home. Went back to the ER on Tuesday and was diagnosed with pneumonia. Our poor little Cindy Lou Who (as we sometimes call her) is so sick. Needless to say, as much as Jessica and Lewis are around her, now they are sniffling and feeling yucky.

Then on Monday evening Lewis' best friend, Kyle had a house fire and the house is almost totally destructed. Luckily, Kyle's brother was home and heard the dog's barking and went to check. The garage was already in flames. He got the dogs out and got out of the house himself. By the time the fire department got there, there were issues with the fire hydrant and needless to say there is not much left. Poor Kyle has been over every evening to hang out. I feel so bad for him. His family does have good insurance but still that doesn't make it a lot easier. At first they said they were going to repair the house but as of tonight apparently the insurance company is talking about razing it and starting all over.

To top things off, I got a call from the facility that my husband lives at. He had some outbursts yesterday and they had to call the MD back in for a medicine change. Come to find out today, since he had been doing better the MD decided to cut back a medicine, hence the bad outburst. When will these professionals learn that just because a dementia/Alzheimer patient is in a good spot, it does not mean that you go fooling with their medications? Why, why why do we keep going down this same road? I'm so frustrated! These patients are not lab rats and you do not experiment with what is working.

I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday. If I can just manage to keep my patience for one more day, I will have the weekend to relax. It seems like every tax return I have touched this week has issues and I end up having to call the client, get information faxed, etc, etc.

I'm going to end my post tonight with a quote from my favorite heroine Scarlett O'Hara "I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow, after all, tomorrow is another day". It is another day and it will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment