Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Maria


My dear friend Maria from N.C. had hip replacement today. The last call that I got her husband said she came through the surgery well and all looked good. Maria and I have been friends since 1988. I met her and we just instantly clicked and we have been friends ever since. Her daughter is 17 months older than my daughter and she lived nearby until she moved back to her home state of N.C. in 1996.

About two years ago she went into business for herself and started a baking/catering/sweet business called Mrs. Vingerber’s Sweets and she has been very successful. Her signature cake is a 13 layer chocolate cake. Everything Maria cooks is simply to die for. I'm so happy for her that her business is a success. She really, really deserves it! I couldn't help but attach a picture here of that delish cake. FYI, she can bake and ship this cake anywhere so if you are interested in tasting something scrumptious that will simply knock your socks off think of Mrs. Vingerber's Sweets. Comment me and I will send you her number. Needless to say, she will need some recovery time but knowing Maria, she will be back working in no time flat. When she originally broke her hip last May she was decorating a wedding cake from her hospital bed.

I'm sending you good thoughts and a speedy recovery your way Maria. I love you my dear friend!

1 comment: