Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Proverbial Brick Wall

I had an upbeat post planned but instead I am here beating my head against the proverbial brick wall. Just got a call from the nursing facility and yet again some "consultant" pharmacist has come in and changed Butch's anti-psychotic medication. Apparently, it slipped through the cracks and the psychiatrist signed off on the change because it was in with some other patients changes and no one thought and the director on his floor just noticed the change today when she was going through his chart due to another issue. I am wanting to have a profanity laden fit right now but I know that that is not going to help anything. Every few months this happens as I wrote about in this post about six months ago. Why can't these professionals all coordinate their care. It's not that hard. The bottom line is COMMUNICATION!!! Is it that hard people?????

OK, I'm going to take a deep breath and not fit the square peg in the round hole. It does not work. I have tried over and over and over again and I can't do it. That is ok. I will find a work around and not stress. Deep breath in, out, in. I CAN do this.

I will post more later. Now I have to go to the dentist to get my cracked tooth filled, of which I had forgotten the appointment until I got the reminder call. Thank goodness for reminder calls for those of us too scatterbrained to remember our appointments. I went around all week thinking the appointment was for Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment