Thursday, May 14, 2009

Jessicaisms

I was thinking the other day about some of the sweet and silly things that Jessica said and did when she was little. Kind of like when I posted about how I used to think that my family was really "The Three Bears". So, in honor of my darling baby, I will now embarrass her on the world wide web by posting Jessicaisms, IOW, cute things that she has said or done in the past.

The first one that I will post about is my favorite. When she was about six, Jessica had questioned me about babies. I always remembered my mother telling me to always answer those types of questions truthfully but to only answer the question, not go into too much detail. Well, Jessica had asked something about babies and I responded to her as simply as I possibly could explaining that mommies had eggs in their tummies and the eggs became babies. Easy, peasy right???? She didn't ask any more questions, seemed satisfied and off she went.

Well a few days later I'm in the kitchen cooking dinner and she comes in complaining of her tummy hurting. Butch was standing there getting a glass of tea or something and I turned to Jessica and asked her where her stomach was hurting and was she hungry or did she maybe have to go to the bathroom. Standard mom questions. Well, she turned around and grabbed her stomach and leaned over and pronounced "NO!!! I'm not hungry and I don't have to use the bathroom, I think my eggs are crackin'!!!" Needless to say, Butch about spit his tea across the room and I laughed so hard tears were streaming down my cheeks. She just stood there kind of looking at me like she was mad because we were laughing at her. I couldn't help it.

Needless to say, she has never lived that one down and it is a certainly a favorite Jessicaism. Even now, when she complains about a tummy ache, I will ask "Are your eggs crackin'?".

No comments:

Post a Comment