Jessica and I decided that an appropriate post for our 100th post would be 100 random things about us. The first 50 are about Jessica. Here they are!
· I’m left handed
· I love the Twilight series
· I have the mindset of a 40 year old
· I’m scared of heights but love roller coasters
· I have a tattoo of a pink lotus flower on my back
· I got my tongue pierced at 13
· I can be very shy
· I’d rather stay home and watch a movie then go out to a party
· My hair color is constantly changing
· I’m deathly afraid of spiders
· I’ve probably read the Harry Potter series 10 times
· I didn’t get my license until I was 19
· My favorite color is purple
· I’m constantly worrying about making other people happy
· As I’ve gotten older I’ve started to dislike mayonnaise
· I truly did hate school and I’m glad I can go to college online
· I made the dean’s list my first semester of college when I thought I was going to fail
· Lewis and I are like old Mr. and Mrs. Hubbard
· I want a Nikon D40 but I’m too cheap to buy it
· I cheered for 11 years and loved it. I quit because I couldn’t tumble.
· I could probably kill a super big gulp in 10 minutes
· I could eat cheesy spaghetti every day for the rest of my life
· I hate when people argue about politics
· I hate people who bash Obama, keep your opinion to yourself.
· Some people say Kaitlyn and I look alike as babies even though we aren’t related by blood
· I love my music loud
· I’ve never known what it was like to have a real family because my dad’s side sucks and my mom’s side is really small
· I’m the only grandchild/niece on my mom’s side
· My favorite Yankee Candle is “Good Morning” but it has been discontinued
· My favorite Disney movie as a child was the Little Mermaid
· I love reading MckMama and Snarkymommy
· I’ve already got my wedding planned in my head and I’ve even picked out the bridesmaid dresses on David’s Bridal. No we aren’t engaged.
· I met Lewis in art class my freshman year of high school
· My favorite show is One Tree Hill
· I love cloudy/rainy days
· I really don’t think I take good pictures
· I’m scared to grow up
· It doesn’t take much for me to cry
· I love arguing with debtors on the phone at work, it’s funny
· I hate being late
· I secretly pray my dad will either live or be in his right mind enough to walk me down the aisle one day.
· Sometimes I wish I was still in elementary school
· I have very bad anxiety around large crowds
· I love my middle name, Hope
· My daughter will be named after a character on One Tree Hill, Peyton Elizabeth
· Lewis and I each sleep with a big box fan in our faces
· I have green eyes
· I worry about my mom a lot
· I drive a 1996 Toyota Camry
· I’ll never understand why Jon and Kate are famous, they aren’t the only ones with eight kids.
Now fifty things random things about me!
- My middle name is Louise after my mom,Frances Louise, who in turn was named after her cousin, Mary Louise.
- The first blog that I started following was Adventures In Everyday Life
- I was attacked by a dog when I was three and can still vividly remember it. I was very afraid of dogs and that is why we didn't get a dog until six years ago. I finally relented and am very glad that I did. I love Kasey to pieces!
- I want one more fast car in my life. My dad had a variety of fast cars over the years (Chevelle Super Sport, Plymouth Road Runner, Pontiac GTO, Chevrolet Camaro)and nothing gets my pulse racing more than hearing an engine rev.
- I watch very little TV. Usually news shows.
- If I was gay, I would have a terrible crush on Rachel Maddow. I think she's hot and smart.
- I HATE tomatoes. Something about the texture grosses me out.
- I love fried liver and onions. If I go out to eat and it's on the menu, it's what I will order.
- I no longer drink soft drinks. They are waaayyy too sweet anymore.
- I was the youngest person in my high school graduation class. I skipped the eleveth grade and graduated a year early. I have never regretted it.
- I prefer to drive a stick shift over an automatic.
- I love dancing around to music. I always think of that quote from the movie Working Girl "Sometimes I sing and dance around the house in my underwear. Doesn't make me Madonna. Never will."
- My all time favorite movie is Gone With The Wind. I've seen it too many times to count. I know all of the lines before the characters say them.
- My favorite book is "The Stand" by Stephen King. I hated the movie though.
- My brother is also my bestest(I know, not really a word) friend. He was the first person I called last week when I was told I would have to see a surgeon. He also understood me when I said I suddenly have the desire to rip of my shirt and show my boobs to some random stranger. I know, I'm not right.
- Jessica is the one thing in my life that I am most proud of. It is an honor to be her mom.
- I am afraid of the day that I lose my parents. I once heard that you are never really an adult until they are gone. I can't imagine my life without them.
- I stress over everything.
- I smoke. I am going to try to quit though. I have quit several times in my life but it is a major stress reliever for me. I try to hide it though from most people. I probably would have choked someone if it hadn't of been for that at times.
- I love coffee. I drink a 24oz cup everyday. I use a half of a teaspoon of sugar and a generous dollop of half and half. I used to drink much more but had to cut back.
- I want to travel out west before I die. I want to go to Colorado. I want to go up on Loveland Pass. I have never been west of the Mississippi.
- I loved going to New York City! Went there six weeks before 9/11. Everyone should be able to go to New York at least once in their lives.
- When I was a little girl, I thought lightening bugs turned into fishing worms. My mom lied to me so that I would let the lightening bugs go and told me that they would go underground and turn into fishing worms(because I like to go fishing with my great-grandfather). I had just learned about caterpillars turning into butterflies, so I never questioned her. I was a dumb little kid.
- I love roller coasters. I hope I never get too old to ride them.
- I have three piercings in each ear but now only wear one earring in each ear.
- I have matching scars over each eyebrow. The left came from the dog attack, the right where two little boys were chasing me in first grade and I fell down on the rocks and split my eye open. I remember the school principal taking me to the doctor and getting it stitched up and on the way home, he had to stop by the bank and they gave me a lollipop.
- I didn't get braces for my crooked teeth until I was 18. I got them off at 20. Best $2000 I ever spent.
- I was 26 when I got married.
- I was 26 when I had Jessica
- I was always attracted to older guys. It was no surprise to anyone that I married Butch, who was 15 years older than me. I don't think I will ever get married again. One is enough.
- I'm funny about the way I do laundry. I always sort the clothes by color and then by whether or not they need to be washed in cold or warm water. I like to fold things in a particular way too.
- If I had a dream job it would be to help families of loved ones with dementia. I felt like I had to blindly find my way down this path until I met Susan with the Alzerheimers Association. I would like to repay her kindness by passing on what I have learned.
- I am very liberal. The older I get, the more liberal I get.
- I talk in my sleep.
- I can snap my toes.
- I am almost always late, but I am trying to get better. It drives Jessica nuts.
- I have a particular way that I load the dish washer. The dishes must be rinsed first. Everything has a certain place in there in a certain way. It has been hard letting Jessica take over the cleaning of the kitchen.
- I always shower, never take a tub bath.
- I had a pony when I was a little girl. I never got to ride him though because he was too mean and would bite.
- I can play the clarinet.
- I love the smell of wood smoke.
- I don't know what my hair color is anymore. I have been dying it since I was about twelve. I know there is gray there because I can see the roots. I think it's kind of mousy brown.
- I am not a religious person. At times I wish I was but truthfully I'm not. It doesn't make me bad though. I still celebrate religious holidays for the spirit behind them. It makes me mad when someone judges me because of this. If you are so Christian, then you shouldn't be judging others.
- I love looking at family pictures. It doesn't matter if I know the people or not, I find looking at pictures fascinating.
- I also like going through old cemeteries and reading the headstones.
- Butch and I never went to the movie theater together. I have only seen three movies in the theater in the last ten years. Two of them were Harry Potter movies.
- I have ran out of gas in my car over the years too many times to count. I have also locked my keys in the car once with the car running.
- I sing in the car to the music, really loud! I can't carry a tune though.
- I talk to myself, and I answer myself too. I know, it's a sign of a weird person.
- It was harder to come up with fifty things than I thought it would be!!! Phew! Over! Done!