Monday, March 16, 2009

Not Me Monday!!!



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Another week of Not Me's, my oh my, what shall we say!

Jessica does NOT have an appointment on Saturday evening for a tattoo, much to the chagrin of her mother. I'm a little on the fence here, part of me understands, but part of me says "NO, don't be like all the others!" Under my liberal facade there is still a little old fashioned mom that screams "you will regret this one day". She is going to put it on the back part of her hip so at least everyone won't see it, and what she wants is tasteful and it is something that she has had picked out for about a year, which is what I requested she do when she first started talking about one.

I did NOT finally get up the courage to fly again. This time it is to Orlando, Florida in June. The only two times I have flown, the area that I flew to was devastated approximately six weeks later. The first time that I flew was for business and I went to New York City in July of 2001. I remember standing at the bottom of the World Trade Center with my mouth hanging open like the typical tourist. Of course six weeks later 9/11 happened. The second time was to visit my cousin in Pass Christian, MS over July 4th of 2005. Six weeks later Katrina hit. Need I say more? If Orlando gets hit by something around the first of August I promise to NEVER fly again.

I was not the worlds meanest mom on Friday calling Jessica and fussing at her about everything that had upset me that morning (see b*tch post under this one)amongst other things that I had no towels left in the towel closet because some certain teenagers can't manage to get their dirty clothes in the bathroom hamper for me to wash them. I don't think that is asking too much, do you? If they are in the hamper, the clothes get washed and folded and then put in their room. How much more do they want? When they go around naked, maybe they will learn their lesson, but I know Lewis too well. When he runs out of clean socks he will wear other peoples even though their foot is much smaller than his and has a pink "Hanes Her Way" stamped on the bottom. Hope he doesn't start to wear my panties, then I guess we will really have issues. Nah, he wouldn't do that, he would probably go commando first.

I think that's enough for this week. Look for a memory post in the next day or so.

1 comment:

  1. great not me monday, it takes guts to get on a plane. I fly quite often to the stated and I get abit scared every time I see that door leading on the the plane

    ReplyDelete