Thursday, January 21, 2010

Grace is NOT my middle name!

Two years ago, we remodeled our bathroom, and when we did I had the contractor put in a detachable shower head with a six foot long hose so that I could easily spray the tub walls down when I got out of the shower, which I do everyday. I also had him install it a little higher because I hate a shower head that is right there at the top of ones head. Anyways, here is a pic of the shower head.

Well, this morning I sprayed down the walls after bathing as usual and must not have placed the shower head back in the holder correctly because it fell, SPLAT!!!, right across the bridge of my nose and I think I saw stars. Jessica heard the commotion and came rushing in. She promptly looked at me and said "Oh my gosh Mom, you're bleeding!!! Ohhhh, I think I'm gonna get sick!". She helped me out of the shower, we got ourselves together and went to the Patient First.

One examination, five x-ray views, some steri-strips, and one tetanus shot later, here I am being chauffeured home.

Here is another view with my black eye starting to really show.

Now, it is eight hours later and I have one good black eye, one kind of black eye, and a lovely knot in the middle of my nose. I look like I went a few rounds in the boxing ring.

Note to ones self. DO NOT fight with the shower head, the shower head will always win.

By the way, my middle is Louise, not Grace.

1 comment:

  1. GAH! showers are more dangerous than I thought. I hope you heal up soon!

    ReplyDelete