Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Not Me Monday! on Tuesday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

We haven't done this in a while and quite honestly I was going to do it last night but I was a little down in the dumps and Jessica insisted that I go off with her and Lewis' mom, Lorrie, to have a drink. Since Jessica is only 19, she was obviously the designated driver. I will tell you more later so that we can proceed with our Not Me's!!!

I did not burn my underarms in the stand up tanning booth last Thursday. I have been tanning for the last month in preparation for my Florida jaunt and noticed that I had some white streaks down my side where my arms kind of lay against my body while in the tanning bed so I decided to use the stand up booth with my arms held up over my head. Not a good idea(shaking head back and forth)!! I learned two things from this experience - one is that deoderant is an EXCELLENT sunblock so at least my armpits are not burnt and number two is that the skin around your armpits is very tender and tends to REALLY, REALLY burn quick and once it is burnt it is very, very painful. Here is a picture of Kaitlyn and myself when I first started on this tanning journey. Yes, I look a little red here, but I am now, and for the first time in my life, a nice tan color. Don't worry though, I'm gonna give it up after this session is finished. I'm a little vain and I don't want to look like a dried up old prune when all is said and done.

I did not jam a wooden splinter into and underneath my pinkie fingernail bed that went almost down to the cuticle. I almost peed my pants when it happened!! I was making my bed that morning and was tucking the comforter down next to the wall as one side of the bed is against the wall and as I was pushing the comforter down apparently my fingernail scraped the paneling (have I ever said how much I HATE, LOATHE, and ABHOR paneling?????)and the splinter went right up under my fingernail. You could actually see it through my fingernail. By the end of the day my whole finger hurt and I finally got the gumption to take a pair of tweezers and go to work on getting that obnoxious splinter out. Needless to say, I haven't made my bed since and that was one habit that I was working on and was very successful with.

Jessica did not call me one day last week and was totally astonished to find that our dining room table pulled apart and that you could add a leaf to it. We have had that table since before she was born and she is now 19. I can't believe that she didn't know this. Where has she been all this time?

Jessica has not watched the movie "Twilight" at least once a day, and sometimes twice a day for the last two weeks. She is soooooo hooked! Lewis is going to kill her(or at least hide the TV remotes from her) if she doesn't stop. I'm not quite sure of the facination that she has going on as I have not read the books nor had any interest at watching the movie but still......plus for those that know me, I do not watch TV or movies for the most part. I could totally throw out the TV and probaby never miss it. She also read all four of the Twighlight books within one week. I like the reading part but she is acting like a tween about this movie. Lewis even asked her if she wishes he was Edward(the main character in Twighlight that all the females are gaga over) and her response was "well you are Edward" because Lewis' full name is Edward Lewis Hubbard. I swear my child is such the smartass this week.

Well, I guess that's enough for now. Will update all later with what has been happening here.

No comments:

Post a Comment